Germantown United CDC seeks to strengthen Germantown and empower residents by shaping long-term, successful homeowners.
We now offer FREE monthly first-time homebuyer workshops in Germantown through a partnership with Mt. Airy CDC.
first-time homebuyer workshop
Learn everything you need to know to become a successful first-time homebuyer! In this three-hour workshop, our experienced and HUD-certified housing counseling staff will cover:
- How to improve your credit scores and prepare a spending plan
- The mortgage lending process
- What’s in a sales agreement
- Inspections, insurance, and why you need them
- Available assistance for down payment and closing costs
Register online at bit.ly/germantown2019
Workshops are Tuesdays at 5:30pm at GUCDC’s office, located at 5320 Germantown Ave (at the corner of W Penn St). All workshops are approximately 3 hours, please plan accordingly.
Can’t make one of the above dates? The same workshop above will also be offered just up Germantown Avenue in Mt. Airy, Thursdays three times per month. Schedule: bit.ly/mtairy2019
AFFORDABLE HOUSING AND HOMEOWNERSHIP
Beginning in September 2018, Germantown United CDC made the decision to increase the organization’s work around affordable housing and homeownership.
We are committed to bringing new housing counseling services to the neighborhood, and connecting residents with other reputable resources in Germantown or nearby, that address these issues:
- Foreclosure prevention
- Anti-predatory lending education
- Financial counseling
- Pre-purchase and home-ownership counseling
- Renter assistance referral systems
Page last updated February 11, 2019