Now in our sixth year of operation, we have laid the groundwork for a successful CDC. In addition to multiple beautification projects and ongoing business engagement activities, recent key accomplishments have included:
- In 2016, launched an online business directory and community web site: ThisIsGermantown.com.
- Partnered with Historic Germantown to host two Germantown Second Saturday Festivals that included live music, craft vendors, food trucks, and bus tours of historic sites, drawing 2,000 people in 2015 and 3000 in 2016.
- Distributed over $14,000 to community organizations and block associations through our Fund for Germantown microgrant program.
- Facilitated the installation of police connected security cameras on 4 blocks of Germantown Avenue through the City’s SafeCam program.
- Participated in a community planning collaborative group with Historic Germantown, GTown Restoration CDC, Germantown Community Connection and the Philadelphia City Planning Commission bringing planning resources to Germantown.
- Through a Pennsylvania Humanities Council grant, facilitated an arts-based resident engagement program in preparation for 2017 community planning efforts.
- Established a zero interest revolving loan program to target historic preservation on Germantown Avenue properties, a National Historic District.
- Engaged a consultant to provide a market analysis for the Chelten Avenue business corridor in an effort to address high vacancy rates and develop a business attraction tool; engaged the American Planning Association’s Community Planning Assistance Team to conduct a rapid community planning effort on 3 blocks of West Chelten Avenue.
- Applied for and received, in partnership with other Germantown organizations, a LowPower FM radio station license, improving communication with the community.
- Partnered with DePaul USA’s homeless transition program for contracted corridor street tree watering and maintenance services.
And much more!