Let Germantown United CDC help you gain access to services, grants, and other resources to aid your business.
Through our Targeted Corridor Management Program contract with the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Commerce, Germantown United CDC is on the ground in Northwest Philadelphia and committed to helping businesses looking to open, expand, and/or improve their business.
Our services are primarily aimed at existing business owners, property owners/landlords looking to make building improvements in order to attract new tenants, and entrepreneurs interested in doing business in Germantown.
Germantown United CDC provides the following services to support the neighborhood’s commercial business districts:
- Assistance to existing businesses to strengthen and retain current economic base and grow businesses.
- Attract new businesses to fill vacancies, diversify the mix of commercial uses in the business district, and increase job opportunities.
- Track proposed development projects and zoning applications in the commercial district, and inform the community about neighborhood change and development.
- Collaborate with community partners to increase safety and improve public perception of the commercial corridors as a safe place to live, work, and conduct business.
- Manage the business district, organizing existing stakeholders around a common vision and brand.
- Implement beautification projects along the commercial corridors to improve appearance and atmosphere, including streetscape improvements in partnership with the City of Philadelphia.
- Bring planning resources, and other available sources of funding to support recommended revitalization strategies to the corridor.