Germantown United Community Development Corporation’s (GUCDC) mission is to promote and facilitate the revitalization of Germantown and its’ business district through a sustainable, creative, and community-driven approach to economic development.
We’ve got an exciting slate of community-building initiatives in-progress and planned for 2018, all aimed at moving Germantown forward. Join us on our annual campaign to raise $50,000.
We are pleased to report on the following projects from the past year:
- Winning the 2017 Partners in Preservation Program national vote, which guarantees a grant two restore the African American historic building facades
- Commercial Corridor Management of Germantown Avenue and Chelten Avenue through our contract with the City Commerce Department.
- Street tree planting and watering through our partnership with DePaul USA’s Immaculate Cleaning Service, which provides opportunities for homeless individuals and beautifies our neighborhood.
- Bringing planning resources to Germantown-American Planning Association’s Community Planning Assistance Team, a Chelten Avenue Market Analysis and working with the City Planning Commission.
- Establishing a zero-interest loan program for historic facades on Germantown Avenue through a grant from the 1772 Foundation.
- Providing grants to community members through The Fund for Germantown Micro Grant Program.
- Piloting a Germantown farmers market in partnership with Weavers Way Co-op.
- Co-hosting the annual Germantown Second Saturday Festival with Historic Germantown, and welcoming more than 3,000 attendees!
- Partnering with G-town Radio and the Germantown Life Enrichment Center to establish an LPFM (low power FM) radio station in the neighborhood.
- Completing a five-year strategic plan to position us to grow and better serve Germantown’s businesses and residents.
Make a contribution.
Move Germantown forward.
If you have questions about how your gift will be used or would like to explore other ways to support Germantown United CDC, contact us.
Donate by mail
All checks should be made out to “Germantown United CDC” and addressed/mailed to:
Germantown United CDC
5320 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Old Tennis Court Farm Protection Project
If you’d like to make a donation specifically to the Old Tennis Court Farm Protection Project visit this page (Germantown United CDC is a fiscal sponsor).